At Robinson+Cole, our top-notch team of administrative professionals deliver high quality services across a variety of disciplines including: finance, operations, information technology, business development, paralegal, and legal administrative assistant support services. Our professional staff play an integral role in the overall success of our firm and our ability to meet the needs of our clients. Our culture is one of professionalism, teamwork, and collegiality, where creativity and strategic thinking are valued. We welcome the opportunity to tell you more about our firm.
Immigration Writer - Hartford, CT
Robinson & Cole LLP, an Am Law 200 firm, seeks an Immigration Writer for its Hartford office. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in persuasive writing, the ability to analyze and synthesize information, and the ability to conduct factual research to support their writing. The position will work under the direct supervision of an Attorney with a focus specifically on complex business immigration cases.
Robinson & Cole LLP is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal opportunity to qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class in accordance with all applicable laws. Robinson & Cole LLP offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, paid vacation, paid sick days, a 401K plan and a variety of other benefits.
Click here to apply, please provide a cover letter, resume, and at least two persuasive writing samples.
Billing & Accounts Receivable Manager - Hartford, CT
Robinson & Cole LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm, is seeking a full-time Billing and Accounts Receivable Manager with a minimum of seven years of experience in a law firm billing department or similar professional services environment. Five years of staff supervision is also required. This dual role will be responsible for overseeing both the client billing and accounts receivable functions performed by 11 FTEs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Monitors and manages the daily operations of the billing and e-billing functions, including error-free timely issuance of bills and timely collection of receivables.
• Monitors Billing Attorney activity and works with firm management to address any instances of non-compliance with firm billing and collections policies.
• Maintains SOPs and trains staff on new billing protocols, software, and best practices.
• Oversees New Business Intake process (excluding conflicts checking process) and the maintenance of client-matter information
• Ensures timely processing of time and disbursement adjustments and AR write-offs
• Management and oversight of client funds accounts.
• Occasional travel to other Firm offices to meet with Billing Attorneys as required.
• Regularly scheduled presence in Hartford Office is required if primary location of positon is outside of Hartford.
Associate Degree or equivalent experience required. Prior law firm billing experience is preferred. Strong knowledge of rates, ABA phase-task codes, matter budgets and the ability to handle varied billing methods and formats. Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and familiarity with Windows based applications. Experience with Aderant (or similar program) and Intapp’s OIS (or similar new business in-take program) is a plus.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to:
Human Resources Generalist
Robinson & Cole LLP
280 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Fax: (860) 541-4929
If we call you for an interview, you will be required to complete an application for employment. If you prefer, you can print an application and bring it with you to your interview. To download and print the application, choose one of the following: